Recently my friend lost his wallet and along with it his PAN Card , this is something that a lot of us face often , call us irresponsible but as a matter of fact we lost it and now we need it back ! So i am going to explain you the steps needed to get back your PAN Card without a tout and wasting your hard earned money .
Getting Your PAN Card Back ( The Anti-Tout Way )
1. First step would be clicking on this link redirecting you to the NSDL( National Securities Depository Limited) website .
2. Select the applicable category from the drop down list and Click select.
3. Fill in your details such as your PAN Card number, Name,Mobile Number and Address. Hence this process can also be considered as an opportunity to update your details on the Income Tax Department database in case you would like to change any details associated with you PAN card such as your communication address then click on the check box next to the field or else just enter the details and continue .
If you are not sure whether any particular block of information will match with that of ITD database then its advisable that you click on the check box next to the field to update the details and provide the required proof for the same .
4. Once you fill in all the details jump to Step 11 and enter the details of the Identity proof that you are going to attach with your application in tandem with the details .
5. Now comes the payment section , you can select the DD option and attach the DD with your acknowledgement (the good old way) or you can pay choosing Netbanking or any bank credit or debit card .
6. Once you get the acknowledgment number make sure your print it and send the signed acknowledgment letter to INCOME TAX PAN SERVICES UNIT (Managed by National Securities Depository Limited), 3rd floor, Sapphire Chambers, Near Baner Telephone Exchange, Baner, Pune – 411045
7. All set and done you can now track your PAN card delivery status with your acknowledgement number .
A Few Things :-
. Please fill details such as your mobile phone number and e-mail address , this is helpful in case of any discrepancy in your application and further this will also be used by the Income Tax department to you send you notification e-mail once the card is dispatched.
. If you happen to miss saving the acknowledgement form then do not panic , just send an e-mail to mentioning all the details such as your name , father’s name , pan card number etc , they will then send you the acknowledgement form via e-mail.
. For the list of required documents Click Here , if reapplying for PAN card then you will need to attach a copy of your PAN Card or the letter which accompanied your PAN Card when you first received it .